HP Enterprise Data Warehouse Appliance Updates and Training
HP has been very busy cranking out the materials necessary for you to get informed about their Enterprise Data Warehouse Appliance optimized for SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse. Yesterday, I stumbled across one demo on EDW and three solution briefs covering the EDW appliance, EDW support, and EDW consulting from HP.
If you enjoyed the SQL Server 2008 R2 Parallel Data Warehouse Demo that I posted previously, you may want to take a look at this demo that HP has developed on HP Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Appliance demo. They are very much alike, but the HP EDW Demo definitely has an HP bent to it with some good information there.
- HP EDW is a fully integrated stack in a single, orderable system that incorporates servers, storage, interconnects, backup devices, and management software from HP and Microsoft.
- A single data rack includes 120 active processing cores and can support from 37 to more than 125 terabytes of user data.
- Provides the leading price per terabyte, from acquisition through implementation and operation
EDW Appliance Brief
Also, this EDW Solution Brief provides some great additional material on EDW, HP positioning and Solution Components.
The demo spends a fair amount of time on support for the HP Enterprise Data Warehouse. Microsoft and HP are partnering together to provide integrated end-to-end coverage of both the hardware and software components of the appliance. This is coordinated support with the customer places the calls with Microsoft.
For the highest support level, combining Microsoft Premier Mission Critical and HP Critical Services, customers benefit from even faster response times and personalized coverage, including proactive services from Microsoft. Read this brief from HP for more information about both HP and Microsoft’s support offerings for PDW. I’ll talk about this more in a future post as this is near and dear to my heart.
- Rapid response
- Quick escalation
- Field Engineering
- One support experience across software and hardware
Highest Level of Support for you Mission Critical Appliance
HP Consulting Services for EDW
Of course, HP also offers consulting services for your implementation of EDW. This brief describes their offering.
These services from HP include:
- One-week Assessment and Business Discovery
- One-Week Architectural Design Workshop and Data Migration Assessment
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Services
Of course, Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) offers essentially the same services, with the advantage of having experience working with Massively Parallel Systems for several years. Many of the PDW consultants that Microsoft employs came from the acquisition of DatAllegro, thus having the experience of implementing large scale MPP data warehouse databases. DatAllegro is the acquisition Microsoft made that is the basis of PDW.